Subtitle

Subtitle
Drop The "A" Word - Not all crashes are accidents

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Ditching the "A" Word - MADD

As National President of MADD, I have the opportunity to stand and support our law enforcement in all agencies across the country.  One such organization is the National Sheriffs Association, which has dedicated itself to serve the office of the Sheriff with police education, police training and general law enforcement resources for more than 75 years.  

As a member, I serve on the Domestic Violence and Crime Victim Services Committee and audit the Traffic Safety Committee. And at the recent 2017 Winter Legislative and Technology Conference in Washington, D.C., I had the honor of co-presenting with Sheriff John Whetsel on “Treating Victims of DUI/Impaired Driving Crashes as Crime Victims."

Our presentation centered on removing the “A” word from our vocabulary. The “A” word is "accident'. The right word for these violent crimes is “crash.” The aim of our seminar was to change that mind-set and to educate and ensure that victims of these crashes are responded to by law enforcement in a crime/victim-centered way, with all the referrals, support, and crime victim compensation resources due victims of a violent crime.

MADD National President – Colleen Sheehey-Church

4 comments:

  1. It was a really nice to reading blog post. I have been a huge fan of your blog posts for many years. Thanks for always being there :)

    Aluminum Extrusion Part

    ReplyDelete

  2. Oh I will have to try this stuff now that you've recommended it! I will have to go look at my store on the bottom shelves like you said. Thanks for the heads up on this new gem.

    Visit my site :: 부산오피
    (jk)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice information, you write very nice articles, I visit your website for regular updates. 바카라사이트
    (mm)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy to visit your blog, a lot of things I can take the benefits of each of your articles. thank you
    wordpress
    ufa88kh.blogspot
    youtube
    ហ្គេមបាញ់ត្រី អនឡាញ

    ReplyDelete